- Maintain a broad base of knowledge on topical issues.
- Keep up your extemporaneous speaking skills.
- Make sure you speak to your stakeholders, the folks who have an interest in your organization.
- Choose your words carefully and creatively.
- Evaluate your effectiveness after the event.
Check out the website in a few weeks through the link I put above. I hope you can read the article there.
All of you out in the "real world" probably have lots of situations when you hope your speaking skills are up to snuff. How often are you in a situation where you have to give a last minute speech? It could be a toast at a party or a presentation at work. Heck, you may even need to come up with something fast at home! It might be explaining yourself to your significant other when you are caught red-handed (at what? YOU know beter than I do!). You may need to explain the facts of life to your kid as I did (I wrote a whole speech on that). At any rate, effective speaking is a great skill that can serve you well. I hope people who read this blog will share their own experiences here.
Hey, this is my first posting. Let the games begin!