Monday, March 23, 2009

DELIVERY AT LAST ...My Baby Has Arrived!

I'm no stranger to bringing a work to completion, but it's a strange sensation for me to receive a book. It's probably because while I have produced lots of videos, events and even articles in the past, this is my first book, which required more time to come to fruition. I have spent the last year committing my thoughts and philosophies, my life experiences and those of other people, to paper, and now they sit in boxes, duplicated for mass consumption (at least I hope they are consumed by the masses).
The packaging (i.e., the cover) represents the great work of my friends, Thom Holden and Dave Bell, who really put themselves into the book. But they are not tied to the content as I am. In examining the effects of change on our lives and how to deal with it, I tapped into such disparate experiences as losing my job (oy, losing my job SEVERAL times!), the death of my father, my admiration for Tony Bennett, even when Bill Buckner bobbled a routine ground ball in the World Series. Okay, that last example is not so terribly personal, like when some people deal with cancer, dandruff or some other disease. But I'm taking the risk that I have something to say that is meaningful and applicable to others.
I already sold three copies, and that's before the book arrived. THAT's a buzz worth having! I'll let you know how it goes. If you want more information, click here.

2 comments:

  1. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO! Way to go! I have to buy my copy! And then I'll bring it into work and strategically place it on desks and coffee tables, and everyone will ask, "Who wrote this terrific book about change?", and I'll say, "MY daddy." ;)

    Congratulations on a job well-done and a success well-deserved! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, enjoyed the book. Great use of your experiences related to what was happening at that time. The analogies really helped to put the "P's" into perspective.

    Thanks for thinking of me.

    Your BIL,

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete