Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Still Trudging Toward My Book

Sorry for the gap. Nice to be with you again. I won't bore you with all the traveling and work projects I have been involved with, but I do want to say that I continue with my book. Boy, this is tough. However, the problem is not my writing ability. Actually, I am a pretty productive writer, and once I sit down, I can pump out a lot of prose.

No, the problem is the interruptions. I can be working away, and then something throws me off track. Here is an example: My darling daughter, bless her heart, was visiting from D.C. She decided that she needed to print out tickets for an outdoor concert she was going through. (She snuck into my chair while I was checking a leak in the kitchen - yet another unwanted interruption!) Problem was, her document didn't print. Why? It required a version of Adobe Acrobat that I did not have. So I had to download it. All this ate up more than a half hour, and it completely threw me off my game.

Anyway, I am about halfway through. I am using my vacation time for long weekends devoted to writing. My goal is to publish 25,000 words by the end of the summer. Think I can do it? How about you authors out there... What is your experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment